Pumpkin Recipes: Beta-Carotene Bonanza in Fall Harvest
I am a pumpkin fanatic. Every fall and through the winter, pumpkin appears in dozens of foods at my house. Pumpkin is full of vitamin A and beta-carotene. Pumpkin is perfect for vegans and vegetarians, too. There's a batch of succulent, savory pumpkin soup simmering right now...
25 Healthy Inexpensive Packaged Foods for Meals in Minutes
Keep these 25 packaged products on hand and you won't ever need to wonder what's for supper. These convenience canned goods, boxed foods, packaged items, dairy products and frozen foods feature low prices and high nutrition.
Michigan Apple Harvest: Healthy Goodness
Michigan's apples are some of the best in the world. Loaded with vitamins, great for cooking and delicious, it's no wonder that the apple was the serpent's weapon of choice for Adam and Eve. Read on for apple recipes.
Edamame: Soybeans in the Pod Are the New Tofu
For vegans, vegetarians and dieters, tofu and beans are diet staples. Now, edamame, raw soybeans still in the pod, is available in grocery stores. Edamame, fat free and full of protein and fiber, is real "green" food.
Read on for recipes...
70+ Healthy Convenience Foods to Send with Your College Student
Guide to nutritious, yet convenient dorm room dining. Saves money over cafeteria dining. Send her to college with a microwave oven, portable refrigerator, hot pot and a plastic bin filled with these yummy healthy foods.
Lenten Vegan Recipes: How to Make Sushi Rolls
Sushi is great for vegetarians, vegans, diabetics, those on low sodium diets, those with thyroid deficiency and in short, the whole world. Here's a complete guide to making your own sushi rolls. Get those bamboo rollers ready and let's do sushi!
Vegan, Kosher, Vegetarian and Special Diet Grill Recipes for Labor Day Labor Day = last official summer picnic day. Picnic = grill, BBQ and home-cookin'. But what about all those special diets that some many folks follow? Vegans, vegetarians, kosher? Here are grill recipes for any special diet. Read on...
Labor Day Picnic Buffet
Labor Day is the last official picnic day of summer. With special diets: vegan, vegetarian, kosher, lactose intolerant, gluten-free, etc. it's difficult to plan a picnic buffet that suits everyone. Here's a winning idea. Backyard salad bar buffet!
- ► 2017 (12)
- ► 2016 (18)
- ► 2015 (19)
- ► 2014 (28)
- ► 2013 (37)
- ► 2012 (37)
- ► 2011 (23)
- ► 2010 (105)
- Pumpkin Recipes: Fall Harvest Goodness
- Healthy Packaged Foods Grocery List
- Michigan Apple Harvest Recipes
- Edamame: Soy Protein, Omega 3, Fiber, Vegan Treat
- Healthy Convenience Foods: School Lunches and Dorm...
- How to Make Your Own Sushi Rolls
- Labor Day BBQ for Vegan, Vegetarian, Special Diets...
- Labor Day Picnic Buffet for Vegan, Vegetarian, Spe...
- ▼ September (8)
- Freelance writer, Top 100 Yahoo! Voices, Yahoo! News, Shine, Michigan, Detroit), blogger, teacher, mom of 4, happily married 25 years. Graduated GVSU 1986, psychology/general education and special education. continuing ed up to present. Certified MI teacher. Writing Michigan history mystery, children's Gothic fantasy. Areas of expertise: education, relationships, mental health, nutrition, history, world cultures. Passions: faith, Catholic church, sustainable living, interfaith initiatives, living simply that others might simply live. Working on MA in EI education.